Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Mystery Box and March Boho Glam Intro Box from JULEP

I know this is a long overdue post, but here it is ... the March Boho Glam Intro Box and Spring Mystery Box lumped into one post.

I'll start with the Boho Glam Intro Box. I got the intro box for a penny plus $3.99 for shipping, which is a GREAT deal.


What was in the intro box:

Robin Nail Vernis: Claimed to be a "Robin's egg blue creme". This color is adorable and just all around beautiful. This was the main reason I chose the Boho Glam profile over the others.

Stefani Nail Vernis: Stefani is a "gold flecked grey metallic" color. This only added to my decision to go with the Boho Glam profile. It's a nice grey.

Julep's Instant Warming Foot Scrub: I typically don't, probably should, tend to my feet other than my toes, which is why this was gifted to my mom.

Verdict: This was a great intro box for both the price and the polishes included! If you want to join Julep Maven (click here) and get an intro box for FREE, use the code FREEMAVEN at check out.


Moving on to the Spring Mystery Box...



What was included in the Spring Mystery box...

Julep Daylight Defense SPF 30: If you follow my blog or have read my other posts I have been trying to move towards using more natural skin and make up products. This would include switching out chemical sunscreens for natural sunscreens. Julep's Daylight Defense does include Zinc Oxide, which provides a physical barrier, but the remaining three active ingredients, Octinoxate, Oxybenzone, and Ensulizole, provide chemical coverage. This was gifted.

Emery Board: I was happy to see this as my current one desperately needs replacing. This is a basic emery board and works just fine :).

3 Milk Chocolate Eggs: Fairly self explaintory and they were delicious.

1 One Step Polish Remover Pad: I still have not used this yet, but I will try it the next time I need to remove my polish. It sounds convenient.

3 Hair Ties: These are always handy to have around for a low braid or ponytail and the colors are so bright and obnoxious! I love it!

Ashley Nail Vernis: This color is a sunset orange opalescent color. It is very eye catching.

Lauren Nail Vernis: Described as a "hot tropical pink creme". I love hot pink nail polish and it will be addition to my collection.

Camille Nail Vernis: Camille is a clear nail polish with glitter. I am not a huge fan of glittery nail polish unless it's New Year's Eve. I ended up gifting this.

Verdict: This box was a pleasant surprise. It brightened up my day with the chocolate and burst of color throughout the box. I was pleased with this box.

1 comment:

  1. The mystery boxes seem pretty nice. I never stayed with Julep long enough to get one. I've always been on the fence with them. I like their polishes and other beauty products, but something about the regular monthly boxes just never really "wows" me

    ReplyDelete